PimpDaddyDA
Well-known member
Regarding the PC computer to edit DV footage, using Prem 1.5:
Is it really necessary to have dual processors (ie
ual Xeon)
in the computer
OR
Can a DV movie be simply cut with a P4 chip...?
We've got 80 hours of tape to sort thru w/24bit sound track.
I'm putting together a system and need some advice on which "brain" to get for the computer.
It costs more to get the dual...... I'd like to keep the cost down...
Will I suffer uploading it all without a dual chip... or is the dual chip only needed if I'm uploading and cutting at the same time???
Heeelp!
Thanks!
Darryl
Is it really necessary to have dual processors (ie
in the computer
OR
Can a DV movie be simply cut with a P4 chip...?
We've got 80 hours of tape to sort thru w/24bit sound track.
I'm putting together a system and need some advice on which "brain" to get for the computer.
It costs more to get the dual...... I'd like to keep the cost down...
Will I suffer uploading it all without a dual chip... or is the dual chip only needed if I'm uploading and cutting at the same time???
Heeelp!
Thanks!
Darryl