Dual Link 4:4:4 enabled on Production Models now?

Dan_Kanes

Carbonite Member
Is dual link enabled on the commercial units that some of our forum members have received or is that still a "payed upgrade" for later?
 
as of now still pay for upgrade later. current 1.0 firmware of f3 only allows for a 1.5g 422 tap for external recording. Gotta run some tests because at the moment you can only turn on the 1.5g tap if you are at 59.94 (framerate) i gotta see if the HD SDI out for monitoring is a 10 bit port too for offboard recording at 23.98.

you can see all the dual link menus and options, you just can't select them yet.
 
Its expected to be a firmware upgrade. i.e. programming required. If you're that level of a hacker you wouldn't be reading this.
 
Riiiiiight.

1. I never claimed to be a camera hacker.

2. You are fooling yourself if you don't think the camera has many features that are merely "disabled" through a firmware "switch"

3. It's ignorant to think that A camera hacker wouldn't be on the forum. Trammel Hudson? Vitaliy Kisselev? Ever hear of them?
 
Riiiiiight.

1. I never claimed to be a camera hacker.

2. You are fooling yourself if you don't think the camera has many features that are merely "disabled" through a firmware "switch"

3. It's ignorant to think that A camera hacker wouldn't be on the forum. Trammel Hudson? Vitaliy Kisselev? Ever hear of them?

Somebody needs to start a Kickstarter to get those guys switching the MPEG encoder chip into 50mbit 4:2:2 mode. I'd think there's a good chance that's available in the hardware.
 
Somebody needs to start a Kickstarter to get those guys switching the MPEG encoder chip into 50mbit 4:2:2 mode. I'd think there's a good chance that's available in the hardware.
The Nano does it, but I believe if I'm not mistaken, the Nano has two of those codec chips and gangs them together. I don't know if one chip can deliver the 50mb 4:2:2 mode or not...
 
Back
Top