DSLR footage - Master export to Pro Res or Pro Res HQ?

ronin99

Active member
Working with DSLR footage, natively in premiere, doing all my color work there as well. I have an adjustment layer with 3-4 effects (various color/beauty filters) over the footage.

I am ready to make my master file, which I will then create an .mp4 from, should I export my master to HQ or regular Pro Res? Is there a noticeable quality difference with DSLR footage?

Also, would it be of higher quality to export an .mp4 directly from the timeline (using all the best settings in media encoder) vs creating it from the master file?

Thanks
 
Its always worth having a Master file but its good practice to create your "output" requirements from the Timeline (Edit Sequence). That's as close to your source files as possible in regards to generation loss. ie The export uses the source files with your FX added.
 
Back
Top