Downscale Impossible?

Lindquist

Veteran
So basically I watched on youtube ect. How to downscale my godamn footage from my fasf80ey*()# gh4, so im really frustrated and upset that I cant even figure this out right now.

What do i have to do correctly to do this????????????

I Import the 4K file from Desktop to Adobe Creates New 4K timeline, Then I Goto seq. settings change it to 1920 x 1080 it seems to work fine then I goto Ad a LUT with lumetri or what ever and add other **** and the whole thing gets messed up.
Meaning Its zoomed in wayyyyyy too much .
 
Try starting with a 1080p timeline first. Import your clips in and resize the clips down manually. Copy and paste the resize parameter and that should only take a couple minutes.
I suspect then Lumetri or whatever will behave normally.
This may be a 'dumb' way to do it, but I bet it will work.
 
ok ill just try rendering it out as 1080p. Btw what bitrate should I use? I filmed it all in 4K cinema mode on my gh4.

thanks
 
ok ill just try rendering it out as 1080p. Btw what bitrate should I use? I filmed it all in 4K cinema mode on my gh4.

thanks

Well, for a master copy I don't see any reason not to use the highest bit-rate available.

If you are delivering this for a purpose that may specifically require a lower bit-rate that's something we'll need more info about. What destination and purpose? Web? Blu-Ray? What?
 
web, youtube, vimeo ect.

I got all footage ready its about 26 min render but When I export as 1920x1080 from my 4k files i see Black on top an bottom of the screen, what did i do wrong?
 
guys have i been adding luts to footage wrong? I jus drag lumetri onto the clip and apply the lut, in this youtube clip this guy ads an adjustment layer then does that on the adjustment layer.
 
Back
Top