Doesn't make sense, Great computer + Great software= drop framing

Jlucan

Active member
I know drop framing threads have been posted before, but none match the reasons for my problem.I have an alienware extreme mobile desktop. The Best in the business as far as an all around comp. 512 MB RAM. But when I'm editing in Premiere Pro I'm getting drop frame galore. Is there some projecting settings that I need to adjust. I'm working with 24p in 29.97 timeline, but that shouldn't make any difference. What's causing the "skipping", the "slurring", and "jerkiness" of my footage when I import??????, I know it can't be my RAM....its 512 for crying out loud!!!!!
 
..you should have at least 1 GB ram.

other than that you need to be sure that your not running other programs in the background, and that your video and audio are on seperate drives from your system drive. also you should select "automatic quality" in the monitor window so that if yur applying effects it can still render in realtime.

other than that you could have a myriad of quirky computer things wrong with your setup to cause this.. just check the above first.. shut off all non used periferalls when editing too.
 
Back
Top