does britek make solid lighting units?

This is an informative thread for me. I have a 1000 watt and 800 watt with their softbox kits, and they've been working well for me, without any blown bulbs for a few years. I know they're not the best quality (which is demonstrated by the tilting mechanism not locking well when the softbox is on).

I was on a shoot this weekend with the 800, 1000 and a tota, omni and rifa soft box, and they worked very together, though the Lowel kit was much easier and smaller to transport and work with.

I do, however, think the Britek stands that I have are great.
 
I worked with them on one set. They did what was needed of them. The barndoors were a little flimsy in my opinion, but the barndoors on lowel lights aren't that much better to be fair.

Older Colortran barndoors are much better as are the barndoors on Arri. But then you have to look at the workmanship, materials, as well as the price of each unit.
 
Back
Top