DJI Osmo Pocket 3 is making me depressed

FoxAdriano

Well-known member
Good morning,I am an unhappy owner of DJI Osmo Pocket 3. I bought it recently and used it extensively on a trip. I love the quality of Pocket 3 but what I hate and what makes me want to sell it is that every time I turn it on, the lens looks at me in all directions (especially up) and never ever ever in front. On the trip I was getting depressed for this very reason and I took so many bad shots that I had to throw away. Maybe I can't configure it well, who knows!! Can someone who knows Pocket 3 well tell me if I need to configure it in some way, so that when I turn it on the lens looks in front of me parallel to the ground? A million thanks for your help.
 
Have you ever bothered to look at the manual?
See page 16: Gimbal Startup Direction. Two minutes of looking at the manual could have made your whole trip more enjoyable.

Even a quick glance through the settings menu would have revealed the answer pretty easily. I mean the menu setting is actually called "Gimbal Startup Direction". How much more clear does it need to be? The default mode is "Forward" facing away from the user. So, somewhere along the way you changed it and caused the problem.
 
I see, I looked at the Menu, but maybe my Pocket 3 is defective. For example, now I turned it on, the lens was looking down and not horizontal, then I went into the menu and noticed that the second item is configured to "Forward". Every time I turn on it, I always have to press the joystick 2-3 times to get the lens to position horizontally. What else do I have to configure?
 

Attachments

  • Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks a lot for the good advice. Now I have just done the Factory Reset and everything works fine. THANKS again.
 
Once you get the camera all setup the way you want it, you can save all those settings in the Custom Mode and recall them again anytime something isn't working right. Saves the hassle of re-programming everything after a factory reboot.
 
Once you get the camera all setup the way you want it, you can save all those settings in the Custom Mode and recall them again anytime something isn't working right.

Do you remember from memory where that Custom Mode Option is precisely?
It should be by pressing icon 1, but I noticed that when I reset Pocket 3 to factory settings, those icons inside were deleted and that is: C1, C2, C3 were no longer there. Maybe the Option is another?
Thanks again.
 

Attachments

  • Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I think you don't see C1, C2, etc. because there are no saved profiles anymore after you reset the camera. After you save a new profile or two, then you will see C1, C2, etc. as options. But you gotta create them first.
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately I have to contradict you, in fact I had 3 profiles in memory: C1, C2, C3. I am sure of this because every now and then I chose a different profile. After having restored Pocket 3 to the Factory condition, those profiles disappeared and I was forced to recreate them again. Now I have created only 2 profiles and they are sufficient: C1 and C2.
 
Unfortunately I have to contradict you, in fact I had 3 profiles in memory: C1, C2, C3. I am sure of this because every now and then I chose a different profile. After having restored Pocket 3 to the Factory condition, those profiles disappeared and I was forced to recreate them again. Now I have created only 2 profiles and they are sufficient: C1 and C2.
I think that is exactly what I said in my previous post. You don't have profiles until you create profiles.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top