Gord.T
Still "Senior Member"
I've recently gained an interest in directing.
In the last fest I asked 2 questions concerning the directing choices from the director and recieved no response from either. I also read a short post from someone in that fest mentioning something like "...but never critisize a director."
That's the kind of the vibe I'm getting too, but it's a questionable vibe.
In the past people like JD and Mark.H have been open about thier choices and even offering tips. But, damn if I ask some others why they chose to shoot in a hallway or why they choose to center the characters in a particular scene.
I feel like I'm not supposed to question directors choices. Holy ground maybe.
I mean, if you are calling yourself a director I would think you would be more than proud to talk about your choices.
Like I say, there's been a few that are willing and open to talk about it.
Personally, I'd give my left nut to talk about it if anyone asked.
Just an impression I've had recently, whether real or imagined, I'm afraid to ask directing questions now in the fests.
I guess if I had to put this in the form of a question, "If your calling yourself a director, are you willing to answer questions in your thread about your directing choices?"
Fair enough?
In the last fest I asked 2 questions concerning the directing choices from the director and recieved no response from either. I also read a short post from someone in that fest mentioning something like "...but never critisize a director."
That's the kind of the vibe I'm getting too, but it's a questionable vibe.
In the past people like JD and Mark.H have been open about thier choices and even offering tips. But, damn if I ask some others why they chose to shoot in a hallway or why they choose to center the characters in a particular scene.
I feel like I'm not supposed to question directors choices. Holy ground maybe.
I mean, if you are calling yourself a director I would think you would be more than proud to talk about your choices.
Like I say, there's been a few that are willing and open to talk about it.
Personally, I'd give my left nut to talk about it if anyone asked.
Just an impression I've had recently, whether real or imagined, I'm afraid to ask directing questions now in the fests.
I guess if I had to put this in the form of a question, "If your calling yourself a director, are you willing to answer questions in your thread about your directing choices?"
Fair enough?