Digital Cinema Filmmaker's Training Course

With the pre-order date being extended to the 21st, are you still set to ship no later than the 30th as before?

Last edited:
Yeah, the DVD's will be done and ready before that, it's just the printing of the Manual that will take the longest. Those are slated to arrive here a couple days before the mail date. No matter what the DVD's go out the 30th, even if the manual gets shipped late with the gift. :)

I can`t wait... Btw I didnt put the DVXuser in the note... well maybe I did ... Anyway for the record, DVXUSER ;)
100 preorder, 299$ each, 30k$... not bad for a preorder

Hi mlove, yes I am thinking it's going to be a double DVD set on Advanced Lighting, DVD 1 using practical sources, for example, candlelight, fire-side, christmas lights, DVD 2 covering Product Lighting for commercial purposes (chrome objects, pens, product bottles). :) What do you think? It would get mailed out about 2 weeks after the original 6-DVD set.

Hi Mochouinard, yes I have your order, not to worry. I wish it was $30K, after paypal fees, sales taxes, priority shipping, manufacturing costs, material costs, and other people fees, I keep a very small portion of each sale. The set is supposed to sell for $449 to make a bit of money, but I want a gradual build to that, because I know that's a bit steep for some people who I want to own the set. :)

Rush,

That 2 DVD set on lighting would be even more valuable! To me anyhow. Lighting is my number one challenge right now so it would definitely sweeten the deal!! I hope that works out, and that others that pre-ordered would get as much out of it as I would.

By the way, a couple days ago my WIFE was even asking when your course was going to show up. She saw the demo at Bootcamp in Vegas and she's really interested. :)

Helllo everyone. We have finished the secondary pass of QC on the video portion of the product. On the second pass, we noticed that the project grew from the original promised 6+ hours of material to a gigantic 12+ hours and we are now burning Dual-Layer DVD's instead of single-layer DVD's to maintain quality. The filter-usage and sun-direction section is now 90 minutes, and there are at least 6 hours of interior lighting, using Arri HMI, tungsten fresnels, and KinoFlo fluorescent lights, mixed with practical lamps like bedside lamps and desk lamps.

Also, we have announced the free DVXuser gift, a special $99 value Lighting DVD concentrating on difficult lighting situations such as using candlelight, fire-side, and Christmas lights as practical sources and matching lighting with them. The second DVD in that volume also teaches difficult commercial lighting, like in situations involving chrome products, pens, and product bottles. The free DVXuser gift will ship approximately 2 weeks after the original 6-DVD series ships. :)

Hi Silverwolf, actually that link in my signature still has the old price in it, I'll leave it on for the rest of the day. I just figured everyone was done pre-ordering last week. :)

mcgeedigital said:
Any clips available for preview so we can see what we are getting?
Thanks
Matt G

Sorry Matt not yet. I will post on here when it's available. It will be about 3 minutes or so.

Rush said:
Hi Silverwolf, actually that link in my signature still has the old price in it, I'll leave it on for the rest of the day. I just figured everyone was done pre-ordering last week. :)

Sweet thanks

What an adventure! The last packages went out today, all the pre-orders satisfied. Manuals and supplementary Prep-CD will mail out at the end of the month. I want to thank everyone who ordered the series for their infinite patience, and hope that all my customers feel that in the 6-DVD set, there is a little something for everyone. :) Please email me you have any questions about the series.

Rush -- and to everyone interested --

Just wanted to say that I got the course DVDs in the mail yesterday. I immediately popped the first one into the drive on my Mac to just get a quick glimpse. I must say that I was really surprised by the quality. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. In ended up watching the first 2 dvd's yesterday!

Now, I am a newbie, for sure. I've been trying to learn everything I can for a while now and more recently -- specifically more on photography (which is my reason for checking this forum on a daily basis). I've read a lot of things... like The Guerilla Film Makers books, the make-a-movie-for-the-price-of-a-used-car-type books, $30 Film School, Rebel Without A Crew, etc., etc. I even watched that Troma crap dvd set: Make Your Own Damn Movie! They all pretty much had something to contribute to my knowledge, but they all still left me feeling like I still didn't know what I really needed to know -- the specific nuts-and-bolts. They all do a good job of basically saying the following:

1) Come up with a story with a strong hook, etc. Beginning-Middle-End.
2) Talk everyone into giving you great deals on equipment.
3) Rustle up wanna-be's to act for you. Feed them!
4) Get a cheap computer. Edit.
5) Market it. Find a distributor!

And after each point, this pretty much follows:

1) Read Syd Fields. Read Hero's Journey. Read Robert McKee. Read as many screenplays as you can find.... day and night!
2) Learn how to use the equipment on your own. Ask someone how or read the manual!
3) Read Directing Actors!
4) Learn how to use editing software.
5) Do some digging. Find someone who might be interested in your crap!

Gee thanks!

Now, I don't think this series will answer ALL of my questions... but I must say that, especially disk 2 (on lighting) was VERY thorough. I've got PAINTING WITH LIGHT -- but I must confess, I've not been able to read it without nodding off. But the Digital Cinema Course is the first thing I've seen that so well illustrated exactly what to do regarding lighting! I only hope that the rest of the DVDs are as good -- and right now, I see no reason why they wouldn't be.

Rush has gone above and beyond. The quality and the instruction are great. If you are sitting on the fence regarding this purchase, I would suggest getting off and making the purchase!

telebay said:
Rush has gone above and beyond. The quality and the instruction are great. If you are sitting on the fence regarding this purchase, I would suggest getting off and making the purchase!

Indeed he has, I'm glad you liked the lighting section. Rush and I spent quite a lot of time making sure that all the details were there and that our approach to lighting and cinematorgaphy was both sophisticated and accessible.

Please let us know what you think about the rest of the series.
E.

telebay said:
. . . I must say that I was really surprised by the quality. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. . .

Well I was (expecting that level of quality) . . . and man is it!

Absolutely SMOK'IN!!!

Very, very nice Rush -- wish this had been available a long time ago . . . I would have saved a lot of money on books.

Guys, if you don't have it, or have it on order you better step up, it's really good.

Thanks Rush!

Back