Credit card services?

firehawk

Veteran
Hi guys. I used Paypal Here which had a card reader that plugged into your mobile device for around 14 years. Had one rate for card swiped, and a rate for card # entered. Now looking for something else. I don't do a lot of CC transactions because I prefer checks but do need the ability from time to time when clients want to use Credit card.
What do you guys recommend and why?
 
We don't accept credit cards at my company due to the fees and chargeback liability but we do use bill.com for ACH payments (e-check).

I've found this to be a good compromise for clients that want to pay electronically, and with our Amex gold card we only pay 99 cents per transaction regardless of the size of the ticket, unlike credit cards where you're paying 3% or more.
 
Yeah same here. The fee can be 5% depending on which card. The only benefit is the convenience factor for both the customer and me. For example, theater performance they might make an impulse buy or if the didn't have their check book or cash they plan to order it later and later become never. Takes time to process checks and cash their theft risk. You can add a credit card convenience fee so the client is paying it. But I generally try to avoid credit cards because of the fees they take. I prefer Venmo and Paypal for electronic payments.
 
I use Square for some of my corporate clients - and also remote, first time clients - and then pass along the processing fee to the client ( have always just added a line to my quotes which states something to the effect "add 4% to total for payment via credit card for processing). The app (or via online browser) allows me to create & then send an invoice via email directly to the person paying. So, I don't need their card info, etc. They pay using a secure link.
I believe the current rate for sending invoices is 3.3% plus $.30 per transaction.

Have been using for probably 10 years now with no hiccups, issues. Also do Venmo occasionally and have had a few cheap clients want to pay as PayPal friend or family ( if that's still a thing?)
 
Back
Top