Cover my @ss help

Dizkoteck

Well-known member
I've been offered to be the director, camera and editor for this big gig thats going to be distributed on DVD.

Its pretty much my first huge gig and I dont want to be caught with my pants down. So I do have a few questions for the wise in this forum.
-What should be on the contract in terms of payment, royalty and agreements and responsibilities?
-How much should upfront pay be?
-Am I doing too much work?
-What should I be looking out for before I go for this?
Thanks guys, I owe dinner and a movie
~TONY
 
Re: Cover my @ss help

You might want to talk to a lawyer or if you know any one in law that might be able to help you create or look at contracts. Theres rats out there and you definetly don't want to get skrewd over. I hope this helps.
 
Re: Cover my @ss help

-What should be on the contract in terms of payment, royalty and agreements and responsibilities?
What/how you want to be paid and what you'd like your responsibilities to be. I'd have my atty draw these up if the budget provides. Using templated documents for this is not recomended.

-How much should upfront pay be?
Half

-Am I doing too much work?
Depends on the contract you draw up, I guess.
Are you tired?

-What should I be looking out for before I go for this?
You didn't mention much about the project. Do the stuff your good at. Hire freelancers as needed.
 
Back
Top