Could be very cool! Digital Rangefinder.

Interesting...I'll certainly keep an eye on that, could be a fun toy I'm also going to follow that E-A1 or whatever it is at the bottom of that article. That thing is giving me the tingles man!
Thanks for posting:)
 
You're right about that, the E-A1 looks bad ass. I find it weird that Olympus doesn't get the same praise as nikon and canon. They've been coming up with some really excellent cameras over the years, as well as some pretty inovative products.
 
I've been really happy with the Canon G9 Awesome retro type camera. Waiting for the just announced G10.

frisco
 
They make wonderful affordable DSLR's and they rock in the innovation department. The four thirds sensor size doesn't quite cut it in the noise department without plenty of light but I knew that going in. I've seen some very good high ISO low light shots using Olympus so I know it can be done:) I like to see hi end Nikon and Canon shots because I know the Oly can do it it's just whether or not I know enough to take her there. It is always interesting to me why more first time shooters don't latch on to the Olympus cameras at their price point you can certainy squeek magic from the system.
 
I've been really happy with the Canon G9 Awesome retro type camera. Waiting for the just announced G10.

frisco

We're talking 2 different things here. If Olympus is going for a true rangefinder than you could be looking for a super small camera with interchangeable lenses. I look advanced point and shoot, but I always miss too much having a focus ring. It would be pretty awesome to have small little camera with interchangeable and full manual control that you take anywhere.
 
I'm part of a few Olympus flickr groups and saw this link this morning. I was all set on getting myself the E-520 but in light of the press release here:

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2008b/nr080922fourthirdse.cfm

I think I am going to wait till this baby comes out, best of both worlds and hopefully for less of the price of the E-3. I swear I can see a PC socket on the right of this thing.

Also, I found this review as well about the micro 4/3 camera they are going to release.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092208olympus_micro_four_thirds.asp

I really can't wait till they release these cameras, if the price is decent enough I hope to get one of each. The micro for my everyday shots and the E-A1 for headshots and portrait work.
 
Man, those look awesome. Look at that small rangefinder type camera! That could be awesome for everyday urban stuff.
 
Back
Top