Clips not visible in FCPX import window

Jimmy Pierce

Well-known member
When I insert AVCHD memory cards in a particular computer, the clips do not show up in the import window. This is with any card. I've tried to make a carbon copy of the card on the computer but that does not work either. The clips do show up on every other computer. I've also tried reinstalling FCPX on said computer.

Any ideas? Thank you

Problem computer
AVCHD card FCPX import window without footage.jpg

Other computers
AVCHD card FCPX import window with footage.jpg
 
Last edited:
The clips can be viewed in the finder. Nothing seems to be different about the problem computer compared to the others.
 
What version of FCPX are you using on that computer? FCPX 10.2 and Yosemite don't currently work with AVCHD files! FCPX 10.2 will only display black screen
I had to reinstall FCPX 10.1.4 to continue with current projects - but Yosemite still cannot preview AVCHD clips right now
Theres a thread on it over at the Apple support forums and a "fix" which basically says to re-encode all your clips to ProRes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204782
Don't know if this relates to your problem but it might be a factor?
 
Last edited:
All of the computers have been updated to FCPX 10.2 and Yosemite so that doesn't seem to be an issue with the other computers. I've also tried using three different card readers with the same results. I have ClipWrap installed on the computer and that is an option. We have six computers and 5 read the card perfectly. I could try reinstalling Yosemite. I'll try nailing down a difference with the one computer. Has anyone experienced this issue before?
 
@ TubEfingers - I haven't experienced this. I'm running 10.2 on Yosemite and FCPX previews and imports AVCHD with no problem. I'm shooting on Sandisk cards in a Panasonic G6.
 
@ Curtis Mack, it caused me some serious hassle - I wonder why you don't experience it?
I'm having this problem on MBP 2008, MBP Retina 2013 and a new MacPro with 1080p 25FPS AVCHD from Panny's HMC150, AC160 and AF100.
I seem to remember from the forum that it affects specific frame rates and resolutions but I haven't checked in there for a while since I reinstalled FCPX 10.1.4 across all my devices,
everything works ok now and I'll hold off updating until Apple fixes the issue
heres the thread in case anyone else reading is affected

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6992950?start=135&tstart=0
 
Back
Top