Client Who Refuses to Pay is Uploading Content to YouTube

i feel like thats getting into semantics a little too much. youre not really OUT $3000... you didnt spend that money, you didnt genuinely invoice for it; you knew going in you wouldnt be monetarily compensated. as for the missed work, i still think itd be more proper to say you missed out on approximately $3000 worth of work. but its not in either case as if you had the money at one time and lost it, or were directly owed that amount by the client. maybe thats too nitpicky, but there it is.
 
I tend to disagree with the above... In my little world time is money!

I can also understand where the OP is coming from. Not too long ago I put $7K in time into a project for an ad agency so they could win a car dealership, where I was promised the work on the account. The dealership loved the work, and the ad agency won the account. The ad agency then hired a film student from a local college and cut me out of the equation.
 
i learned quite a while ago when people swear up and down that theyve got a ton of work coming your way to just smile and nod and say "great!" and not believe a word of it til the day youre actually there working for them.
 
I tend to disagree with the above... In my little world time is money!

I can also understand where the OP is coming from. Not too long ago I put $7K in time into a project for an ad agency so they could win a car dealership, where I was promised the work on the account. The dealership loved the work, and the ad agency won the account. The ad agency then hired a film student from a local college and cut me out of the equation.

Wow, thats some dirty pool being played right there. I can almost feel the slime from here.
 
I guess the motto is never totally trust a client. One very, very slow payer that I'd decided to dump called me up, terribly sorry for the slow payment on some quite modest amounts, that only got paid after the nasty action letter - wanting me to do another job for them. I did it, and guess what? No money again. They want the work doing. They see paying for it as a separate feature of our relationship.
 
Because that's what the invoice says, at my rate, for the work I did. Which also happens to coincide pretty well with the total amount of gigs that came in but I had to say no to during the time-frame of this joke of a project.
Well, I'm out at least $100 just reading this thread. I'll send you an invoice immediately.
 
i feel like thats getting into semantics a little too much. youre not really OUT $3000... you didnt spend that money, you didnt genuinely invoice for it; you knew going in you wouldnt be monetarily compensated. as for the missed work, i still think itd be more proper to say you missed out on approximately $3000 worth of work. but its not in either case as if you had the money at one time and lost it, or were directly owed that amount by the client. maybe thats too nitpicky, but there it is.


I am directly owed that by the client. I was not given the rights to half the video as agreed upon, and thus I am owed for my time. It's pretty black and white: he agreed to give me half the video to post, I never got it. I still to this day have not even received a copy of any part of the content.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top