CELTX: Celtx Edge, and writing partners.

So, this year I made a goal to take on some writing partners -- a new experience to say the least. I have found it fun and productive, however, the logistics of two people working on the same screenplay -- Yikes!

Has anyone used Celtx edge to work with other screenwriters, or maybe another application? If so, how have you liked it?
 
Curious if you could elaborate a little more about "[taking] on some writing partners?" Did you just find different people online and ask them if they wanted to write something with you?

I haven't used Celtx Edge, but I recently discovered this little app called Gingko. Kind of a structured mindmapping tool that's open to collaborative editing. I doubt I'll pay for a subscription anytime soon, since I can do the same basic thing with a little extra work in FreeMind, but I think if I was going to develop and outline a script with another writer, I'd probably pony up.

-EMB
 
Oh, I use Celtx all the time, just the free desktop version. Works like a charm; I like it better than when I had FD.
 
I like that it now syncs my stuff across web, desktop and ipad and spits out a clean pdf Anywhere anytime.

did final draft ever get rid of those 1990 default wodows icons?
 
Curious, for those who use Celtx, do you use Edge? And do you use it with writing partners. (specifically John Threat and CraigBowman). I've used desktop Celtx for years and like it just fine, my concern is logistics. I want to know how it works with two people working on the same doc.

Eric, Nothing online, thought that might work. I did a skype group a year ago and found it good. No, my writing partners are all local. One at my work, another an Actor who I met at a screenwriter's group I started a few years ago, and another was a filmmaker I knew for a few years.

They're out there, lurking silently in the woodwork. Poke around and you'll surely find one. Whether they'll harmonize with your style and needs or not is impossible to tell till you get started.
 
So, this year I made a goal to take on some writing partners -- a new experience to say the least. I have found it fun and productive, however, the logistics of two people working on the same screenplay -- Yikes!

Has anyone used Celtx edge to work with other screenwriters, or maybe another application? If so, how have you liked it?

writerduet.com has been making the rounds since it was mentioned in Script Notes.
 
Back
Top