Casting with Breakdown Express and Actor's Access

Just wondering what if any success everyone has had with breakdown express and Actor’s Access for casting in the Midwest? This is the second short I’ve attempted to cast. I post the breakdowns, and get a ton of reply. I’m in Wisconsin, and get replies from throughout the Midwest which is what I hope for. When I select my actors and send them additional info I get little to no reply, the ones that do reply say they’ll get back to me, and then stop replying. I’m shooing low budget shorts, usually paying $125-$150 a day for the leads.

Any tips, thoughts, advice?

Thanks.

Charlie
 
I think you have to be an agent to get into the breakdowns, no? I'm in NY so, maybe it's different there but here Actor's access is a great resource. Usually we post, then rent a studio, and have them book a time for an audition. You always get no shows. But after the first contact send them the sides and ask them in for a read. What is the reason for the back and forth? Just curious.

I think that price is pretty fair for non-union actors. With the reel and meals and transportation, that's a good deal.
 
Thanks for the reply. If I were in LA or NY, I would do it the way you do, but the back and forth is because I find it hard to believe that people would drive 3-4 hours to show up for an audition for a part that pays $125. Maybe I'm wrong. You don't have to be an agent to get into the breakdowns as far as I know, I get a lot of submissions from actors with nothing listed for their representation.
 
Back
Top