Canon C100 and phantom 3 pro 4K footage on the same timeline - problem

crammond

Active member
This is the first time I'm editing with phantom 3 pro footage.
C100 shots are in 1080 and 25frames, phantom is 4K 25 frames.

I start the project, import the C100 footage. Than, before dropping thr first clip on the timeline, I select all of the C100 shots, click modify, change the "conform to" to "no fields - progressive scan" and drop the first clip on the timeline. This sets the timeline/project settings based on the first clip. Exactly the same as all my other projects which are shot on C100 and 5D2.


Than I bring in the first phantom shot. I change the scale to 50% and let it play. I noticed that I get lots of artifacts :(

I tried it the other way around by first dropping a phantom shot on the timeline and that gives me a better picture, much less visible artifacts, but the timeline is set to 4K because of the phantom shot and it makes my C100 shots too small (logical).

What am I doing wrong?
 
Back
Top