buy now or wait for upgrade?

danielwalding

Active member
hi there,

i am a young filmmaker who has just finally got enough money saved up to buy the adobe production studio and am looking at getting it very soon. this said i have been hearing some rumors that a new production studio is going to be released by adobe soon, after NAB or some time soon? i'm deciding whether i should just buy it now, or wait it out for a while longer and get the new upgrade. can anyone clear things up on this or whether its worth waiting for the next installment and how long it will be?

thanks
 
From the positive press I hear around Photoshop CS3 that alone will be worth the upgrade.

You know Photoshop is due for an upgrade when you start editing photos in After Effects 7.0

I would wait if I were you.
 
I would wait. It's not too much longer, and I think it will be a sizeable upgrade this summer as Adobe is finally bringing things back to the Mac. I would expect some important updates to the software.

In the meantime, read, learn, etc. That will fill up plenty of your time. Watch tutorials on the software to get a feel for it before you purchase. And work on writing stories & scripts.

Also, go ahead and film stuff with friends and just edit in windows movie maker or something of that sort at first. It will give you a huge appreciation for Premiere.

Also, try trial versions. They usually last 30 days. You can learn a handful of NLEs while you wait. Get the 30 day trial of Premiere. Look for trials on other editors like Ulead MediaStudio Pro, Edius, etc. That will give you a few months of use and some general experience.

Then when you get Adobe you'll have a lot of knowledge learned in the meantime.

But in short - I would say its worth waiting.
 
Back
Top