Breath of fresh air

Bentrandom

Active member
I noticed this area of the forums to be a little stagnant so I figured "Hey why not just drop in a few short script practices". So if people like this first one I can drop in a new one every week or so.

A short focus on dialogue.

If it ain't hot I'll turn off the stove. :huh:
 
what was that reference to shadowing doctors all about?

so the hobo he punches was one of the guys he'd given an egg to?
 
Thanks DJ. :thumbsup:

Brian~
When writing short scripts I tend to give my characters motives and dimension even if it never pays off in the short. So, both the main characters are pre-med students heading toward a hospital to shadow doctors which is a normal requirement in pre-med studies. I personally think it would have been much less interesting to have them just walking home from class or something else boring. It also gave me a chance to write the dialogue that starts the short which sets up the differences between the two characters. Nick being the focused reasonably smart guy and Troy being the slacker genius.

The second hobo Nick beats up was carrying one of Troy's artsy eggs. It's just a little visual punch to end the short on. I think the egg idea is hilariously cruel.
 
Back
Top