Boosting ambient light

gentaylor

Member
Wondering what people's favorite techniques are for boosting ambient light for interviews in a dark room? I'd like to use a couple of LED panels for this. I'm guessing I should bounce them off of the ceiling? But how close to ceiling/what angle and/or are other techniques better? Thank you!
 
Wondering what people's favorite techniques are for boosting ambient light for interviews in a dark room? I'd like to use a couple of LED panels for this. I'm guessing I should bounce them off of the ceiling? But how close to ceiling/what angle and/or are other techniques better? Thank you!

I would consider that if the ceiling was reasonably 'white' or the room small enough for the given light. In the still photo wedding business the Wife and I use to pursue we would often bounce the flash from ceiling or corners of ceiling and walls to get a wash of light rather than the flash blast.

In the case of stills one could go down in shutter speed, and compensate for a 'high ceiling' or other 'big room' issues. For motion pictures and limited to about 1/40-1/50 second exposures, there may be an issue of not enough light to do that.
 
Back
Top