alwayslearning
Well-known member
I don't know if there'd be enough interest in this to make a thread like this worthwhile, but I'm interested. I know some of you, at least, would be.
I'd like to see what others consider good sources of info concerning photography; composition, post, philosophy, technique, accessories, etc.
One book I got from a local library that I really like and am benefitting from is a Kodak publication; Digital Photo Design, How to compose winning pictures; by Paul Comon.
Part 1 starts with "Defining Composition". It is quite philosophical in nature. I think that there is a lot to learn just in that section.
Another section talks about the fibonacci numbers in composition. Has anyone any knowledge of these? It was very eye opening for me. I knew of them but never considered them in photography. I have several books on photography but have never seen the fibonacci numbers applied to composition before. We all know the "rule of thirds" and how to work somewhat, in and out of that rule, but this fibonacci thing goes further. I think you'll like.
Larry
I'd like to see what others consider good sources of info concerning photography; composition, post, philosophy, technique, accessories, etc.
One book I got from a local library that I really like and am benefitting from is a Kodak publication; Digital Photo Design, How to compose winning pictures; by Paul Comon.
Part 1 starts with "Defining Composition". It is quite philosophical in nature. I think that there is a lot to learn just in that section.
Another section talks about the fibonacci numbers in composition. Has anyone any knowledge of these? It was very eye opening for me. I knew of them but never considered them in photography. I have several books on photography but have never seen the fibonacci numbers applied to composition before. We all know the "rule of thirds" and how to work somewhat, in and out of that rule, but this fibonacci thing goes further. I think you'll like.
Larry