Blurring logos in music videos?

In my opinion you're more than fine as far as logos go. I'm not a lawyer though, so don't base your entire decision on what I, or anybody else on here says.
 
Thanks Andrew. I've showed the video to several others and they said the same thing. I'm just trying to get a feel for how much of something needs to be blurred since I've seen it in videos that have had a lot of hits, and tv shows that blur out faces/logos as well. I don't anticipate this video generating a ton of hits for the time being but am paranoid if the band starts heavily promoting it.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Andrew. I've showed the video to several others and they said the same thing. I'm just trying to get a feel for how much of something needs to be blurred since I've seen it in videos that have had a lot of hits, and tv shows that blur out faces/logos as well. I don't anticipate this video generating a ton of hits for the time being but am paranoid if the band starts heavily promoting it.

I would basically say, once you get to the point where the logo isn't easily visible, your pretty much okay. People still may know what it is (look at people blurring a McDonalds logo, everybody knows what it is no matter what you really do to it), but if the detail in the image isn't there, then you should be fine.
 
You could have saved yourself some time by going with a tilt/shift effect in that wide shot, just one big blur top and bottom...as it is you're fine.
 
Back
Top