Blending 24p NTSC and 50i PAL

mmg

New member
I am starting to shoot a doc in U.S. and Europe.
Will I be able to blend
24F NTSC (DVX) and 50i Pal (PD150)?
And how good or bad will it look?

Let's say for FCP4 edit and output to both NTSC and PAL.
 
Re: Blending 24p NTSC and 50i PAL

[quote author=mmg link=board=news;num=1078600302;start=0#0 date=03/06/04 at 11:11:41]I am starting to shoot a doc in U.S. and Europe.
Will I be able to blend
24F NTSC (DVX) and 50i Pal (PD150)?
And how good or bad will it look?

Let's say for FCP4 edit and output to both NTSC and PAL.[/quote]

If I were you I would shoot everything with DVX in 24p.

How were you thinking of mixing those two? Outputting to film?

If film is not the final destination, or if you are not editing two independent documentaries, then you will have to transcode one of them for editing it all. The image of the transcoded video will suffer.


Carlos
 
Back
Top