Black Friday 2022

ahalpert

Major Contributor
HBO Max is on sale for $2/mo (with ads) for 3 months if you subscribe now


https://www.hbomax.com/subscribe/pla...FVrQyAoddXwJiA

Honestly, I haven't seen many good black friday deals. There's some decent savings on Zeiss Otus lenses if you want those. Samsung galaxy tablets are pretty cheap right now. I may wait for Cyber Monday to do a hard drive shop. Right now, hard drives are well above last year's minimum prices (which came on cyber monday)​​​
 
Last edited:
You have always brought me comfort about my own purchases...in my head I'm like, "Well at least I'm not wasting as much money as Run&Gun does every few months." lol
 
You have always brought me comfort about my own purchases...in my head I'm like, "Well at least I'm not wasting as much money as Run&Gun does every few months." lol

I didn’t order it…. My Sony is still alive.

But I did go and try to start the process of ordering/buying a van yesterday and the salesman all but laughed at me. Me, “I have money”. Salesman, ”I don’t have anything to sell you, and won’t until May, if you’re lucky. I can’t even take your order, because they closed the system down”. Crazy world we live in, now…
 
I picture you in a nicely compact Tesla. A two-seater, perhaps, on those open roads in North Carolina...you're not really a truck or van type of guy.

Your buddy just got an electric scooter he's whipping around town.
 
I picture you in a nicely compact Tesla. A two-seater, perhaps, on those open roads in North Carolina...you're not really a truck or van type of guy.

Your buddy just got an electric scooter he's whipping around town.

I've actually been a "truck guy" for the better part of this century. No one was more surprised than me. The last decade has been in an F-250, and I absolutely love it, still. I'll probably drive it till the wheels fall off.

I was driving an RX-7 when I started doing this in the 90's. That lasted about two months... Grabbing a Betacam out of a hatchback several times a day takes a toll on your back real fast, even when you're only 21. Lol. Then I went on a run of SUV's, as was the style of the time in the business. Then the trucks. But I can unequivocally tell you that, no, I am not a van guy. I definitely don't "want" a van(at least not for me to drive), but I'm well past needing one. Just kind of sucks that I've finally (sorta) made peace with getting one and now I'm possibly looking at a year or maybe longer to get one. Oh the irony...

Hope you have a warm jacket...
 
I've actually been a "truck guy" for the better part of this century. No one was more surprised than me. The last decade has been in an F-250, and I absolutely love it, still. I'll probably drive it till the wheels fall off.

I was driving an RX-7 when I started doing this in the 90's. That lasted about two months... Grabbing a Betacam out of a hatchback several times a day takes a toll on your back real fast, even when you're only 21. Lol. Then I went on a run of SUV's, as was the style of the time in the business. Then the trucks. But I can unequivocally tell you that, no, I am not a van guy. I definitely don't "want" a van(at least not for me to drive), but I'm well past needing one. Just kind of sucks that I've finally (sorta) made peace with getting one and now I'm possibly looking at a year or maybe longer to get one. Oh the irony...

Hope you have a warm jacket...

What about a Sprinter... (and I was just playin', lol)
 
What about a Sprinter... (and I was just playin', lol)

Too tall. Their shortest version is still just over 100” tall, which precludes it from most parking decks, which usually top out around 7’ -7.5’(84”-89”). Occasionally I’ll even run into one that’s 6’8” or even lower, which means I can’t drive my truck in, either(and kind of cracks me up that even the low low roof vans are taller than a 4x4 truck).
 

Yeah, this 4TB Extreme Pro for $350 is crazy. Less than $100/TB for one of the fastest bus-powered externals you can buy: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...e81_4t00_g25_4tb_extremepro_portable_ssd.html

I bought the 2TB version last year for $270. The thing is that the price of SSDs has crashed for some reason, so what they were asking for these before is pretty unreasonable now
 
I'd mostly be using it with 3.1 Gen 1 (which would still be faster than the SATA version by about 125 MB or so)...but maybe should just spend the extra $60 and get the faster one (being cheap, lol).
 
Would love a deal on the forza 60b but nowhere to be seen! It's like they discount the things I have no use for and ignore my wishes on purpose!
 
Back
Top