Bill Martell's Screenwriting Blue Books (yo Bill?) -- kindle? noobook?

Last edited:
More ARE coming - but right now I am working on revising THE SECRETS OF ACTION SCREENWRITING so that no one has to pay $400 fot it used (on Amazon). The book will first be available on Kindle and Nook, then hit paper. I'm aiming for the end of this month, but I was also aiming for the end of last month - so I have to work on my aim.

I am going to try to slip in an expanded version of the Dialogue Blue Book before that - like the other two that are available I am expanding it from 48 pages to around 155. The great thing about e-books is that they cost the same to "manufacture" if they are 48 pages or 155 pages.

- Bill
 
Holy Moly Bill that will be awesome! I have heard good things about your secrets of action screenwriting book, but I just can not pay $400 for an out of print book. I hope you will come back here and let us all know when and where it is available as an ebook. I use nook books, others use kindle, hoping it will be available in both formats.
 
Holy Moly Bill that will be awesome! I have heard good things about your secrets of action screenwriting book, but I just can not pay $400 for an out of print book. I hope you will come back here and let us all know when and where it is available as an ebook. I use nook books, others use kindle, hoping it will be available in both formats.

The Wife, and by extension... I pay $400 for outofprint books... usually art books which had a limited publishing run in the first place... What she also does is get interlibrary loans of said books, to make copies for her archives... rather than use our expensive books... and for some odd reason... U of Nevada, Las Vegas, tends to supply a number them... must mean there's big bux, but few students... at least in Art... or something...

I've unloaded a bunch of books recently, mostly tech books from the 90's... I looked up prices... all of them where under $2... most were even under $1... so the local library got a bunch of books that cost me 'new' probably about $3-4K...
 
The Wife, and by extension... I pay $400 for outofprint books... usually art books which had a limited publishing run in the first place... What she also does is get interlibrary loans of said books, to make copies for her archives... rather than use our expensive books... and for some odd reason... U of Nevada, Las Vegas, tends to supply a number them... must mean there's big bux, but few students... at least in Art... or something...

I've unloaded a bunch of books recently, mostly tech books from the 90's... I looked up prices... all of them where under $2... most were even under $1... so the local library got a bunch of books that cost me 'new' probably about $3-4K...

For a brief moment there I thought you might get through an entire post without 'single quoting' something. Only once this time though, so kudos on that...

To make up for it however, you went hog-wild with ellipses (...).

The man giveths and he takeths away...

Offered with a smile : )
 
Last edited:
By the way, today I r@@ted my N@@k Simple Touch ebook reader, and now besides doing what it was designed to do-- use eink (like Kindle or Sony Reader) to read ebooks, and also shop for them online from Barnes and Noble-- i have Gmail, Google+, Facebook, Google Calendar, Google Sky Map, stock market live quotes and charts, weather, etc., and access to the android marketplace apps. Pretty slick for a little $139 device only meant for reading ebooks, that weights less than a paperback novel, fits in a cargo pants pocket! :) The same could be done on a Kindle I am sure.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top