Best way to create vines over 2D image

sean90291

Veteran
I'm pretty familiar with After Effects, but I'm betting there's a tried and true 3D route to getting realistic vines to cover a 2D shot of a building. It's probably elementary for you 3D wizards. I'm not sure where to begin. Would you use a texture map? Note that I'd only need vines to go over parts of the building. Not covering it completely. How would you approach it?
 
If you can paint them and comp them in, fine.

If you want to make them in 3d, the approach will vary depending upon the specific tool you want to use.
 
Yeah, for this, 3D might be sort of unnecessary. So to paint them in using 2D, what would you use? Might be hard to draw them vine-by-vine using the "paint brush" in After Effects?
 
Well you can always take a picture of real vines, cut them out and lay them over. Or like everyone else has suggested, Photoshop. :)
 
Back
Top