Best place to make a website

I wanted to make a website for a college radio show that I am doing. I heard about Wix.com, but I don't want to pay for my own website domain for every month. Is there another website where I can make my own website without paying for my own domain?

Thanks!
 
Blogspot is good too, but it requires getting down-and-dirty with the code if you want to customize it to the level you can more easily do with Wordpress.
 
I know this post is really old, but just for future reference.

I work at a webhosting company. My suggestion is to not use wordpress.com, because then they own you, and getting your own domain to show up costs more than it should. Wix same thing, you build with their system, they own you. Building with a flash based application, while it looks nice, it will make anyone with a lower end connection experience slowdown, and if you get any traffic on there at all it will crawl, unless you have yourself a big ol' dedicated server to yourself.

Get a webhosting plan that allows you to ftp or use cpanel, so you can install wordpress yourself, and create child themes and what not.

Just my two cents.
 
Back
Top