Best Export settings for GH5S-to-YouTube?

blando3

Well-known member
I recently shot some wildlife footage with my new GH5S and Leica 100-400mm.
The footage looks great (although tracking fast moving animals on a long lens is exhausting!) in camera and in Premiere.

For exporting, I used H264, Match Source, I maxed out the bitrate to 240 (maybe too high?), Main Profile, 5.1, VBR, 2 Pass.
With these settings, the exports look great: sharp and clear. However, once uploaded to YouTube, there is pixellation happening, especially with movement.

Here is a clip. Any thoughts on the best settings for YouTube? Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYKgiNHVL2U
 
I would use the recommended bitrates as published by YouTube. I think 240 Mb/s is definitely overkill.

2 Pass is not going to help, single pass is fine, the file will only be minimally larger. 2 pass is really for getting the encoder to deliver an exact size for instance if you have to place it on an optical disk.

I think the footage looks nice, but I did see some white clipping, you should be able to roll that off gently (using V-Log or HLG).
 
Back
Top