Beginner photographer - please critique

I don't see what there is to critique. I think you're just looking for an ego stroke.

I would be too, with shots like that! Very rich colors. Excellent work, sir.
 
I can see some sort of solarization and halos going on in some of your pictures. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not... But I don't think that's the result of your camera work so much it is post-processing.
 
Lionsgate is my favorite and then Torches do you sell prints I would love to hang lionsgate in my home.
 
Good start! Your composition is really good and it seems like you know how to involve feelings into photos. Post work could always be better (along with most people) and it seems like you have not even gotten to the realm of off camera lighting. All I see is natural light photos.
 
Thanks!

Thanks!

@AuditoryVisuals
I have noticed that as well and it is not intentional. I just started shooting RAW (most of my images are JPEG) so I must have over corrected the JPEGs that I have. I really need to work on my post processing. Thanks.

@Steve_Karl
I just made a simple site and im the process of working with a designer so I have a profesional one. The address is:
www.DeLaurierPhotography.com

@wes
You are right, it's all natural light, but I am ordering a off camera flash soon.

@staygettin
Last week I did some test prints at a local lab and they turned out great. Send me an e-mail if you want the print. I can give you a quote for the different sizes available (DavidDeLaurier@gmail.com).
 
As others have said, you have some really nice, interesting photos. Nice job! It's honestly hard to believe you've only been at it for 10 months. You obviously have a load of raw talent and/or have been working your butt off.
 
I like a lot of your work David. Do watch out for "over processing" though as in the third photo at your landscape tab: the mountain/lake shot. Unless of course, that is what you were after. I have a good monitor and it just looks too much processed.

Composition? Great job!

Larry
 
Back
Top