Are You Buying The AJ-HVX200?

Are You Buying The AJ-HVX200?

  • Yes! I've got a home and case for it already!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, pending more reviews and feedback

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, if I can justify the costs

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I already have a great camera

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the AJ-HVX200 is not for me. Next!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
If I get some funding from some investors I am there. Unfortunately that means I have to make a really good movie first. DOH!
 
Well I'm waiting to see it, but it sounds good so far. I want to see what the P2 thing is like in the end, that will be the deciding factor for me. My XM2 is getting old, and I'm about to embark on a long, slow, career change from software engineer to filmmaker. So I need another camera.

Aaron
 
That cat has a wierd look on it's face!!!!


I'm going for it for the 422 DVCPro50 right off the bat which take my game to another level. The HD capabilities are gravy for me (of course it's alot of gravy).
 
stephenlnoe said:
That cat has a wierd look on it's face!!!!
.


Haha. That's "Diamond" aka "Little Geek" - she's about 9 years old but is the size of a year old cat - Scottish Short Hair in her somewhere. She's ultra cute, and that was a pretty wide angle close up. You should see it full res..I tried putting it as my desktop wallpaper but it just freaked me out too much to look at it so removed it aftera bout 10 minutes ;)


Yeah, having 4:2:2 DVCPro is going to be great for us. I'm really waiting to find out about usability too though. I'm new to the game, but in the couple of years I've had my Xm2 I know know why people want certain features in a camera and how some little things (Like that STUPID flick wheel iris control on the XM2 and XL2!) can just really piss you off.
 
That cat has a wierd look on it's face!!!!

That cat has a wierd look on it's face!!!!

Aza said:
Haha. That's "Diamond" aka "Little Geek" - she's about 9 years old but is the size of a year old cat - Scottish Short Hair in her somewhere. She's ultra cute, and that was a pretty wide angle close up. You should see it full res..I tried putting it as my desktop wallpaper but it just freaked me out too much to look at it so removed it aftera bout 10 minutes ;)

At first I thought she was the stunt double for "Toonces the Cat who could drive" from back in the day of (early) SNL
 
I will buy one IF...

The DSP is better than the DVX100a
Viewfinder is better and with more control than the DVX100a
The lens controls are better than the DVX100a, specilly iris.
The lens has a good focal length range , like at least litlle wider than DVX (the wider the better, but not talking about fisheye wide though) and more telephoto.
It's around 7k (for camera only that is)
More P2 options are presented for a much cheaper price at NAB2005(not 2010) :grin: .

Otherwise?

JVC GY-HD100. At least I know it most likely covers 5 out of 6 of my wishes above.
 
I will shoot two more features first (my first one just got into 2 inter ffest in europe! thanks to all of you guys here) and if I will see that Panny HD gives much better picture etc sure I will get one (the price will go down, people actually will learn about editng flow etc etc) so, I will wait. The better cam will not help me right now. Right now I got to learn how to tell the story and DVX100a is my friend for now.
 
lol thats funny...

lol thats funny...

lol thats funny...

I'm thinking like everyone else, before I knew what the percentages where I said depending on price and poof thats what majority said also,
 
If this is a good camera, and I expect it will be,... beyond imagination, then I'll buy one for me and where I teach we will buy a half dozen or so for student productions. We'll start with a few in year one and more following thereafter. 1080P at 24fps....c'mon folks, this is a fantasy come to life!
 
If Panasonic keeps it's great quality with the new cam and the lens is a bit longer on focal length - say X14???- then I'm in.
 
Back
Top