Anybody monetize their videos on youtube?

Ryan-Guy

Well-known member
I'm about to release my public trailer for my doc along with some clips from the doc while its still in post, and was thinking about monetizing the clips (not the trailer).

Anybody have experience with that or moderate success?

Just wondering if anyone in the community was doing this.
 
I made a YouTube channel for my doc Looking for Lenny (links in my sig) and have all the vids (including the trailer) set to monetization but we've never had enough hits to get more than a few bucks here and there. Doesn't hurt though and if one of the vids goes viral you might make a little bit of money.


-Andrew
 
YouTube monetization isn't amazing, I got 10,000 views on my short documentary film in a few weeks, and made £15, better than nothing I suppose, but the work that I put into the film is worth more than £15
My opinion, you aren't losing anything from youtube monetization, go for it
 
Do it - can't hurt. Just make sure you have rights to everything you're using. My most viewed video (55k+ views) has a song I don't own the rights to and I can't monetize it. Unless your videos are going viral it probably won't garner enough views to make you comfortably wealthy, but if it gets enough views to pay for a new piece of equipment then I'd say it is/was well worth it.

Adam
 
I'm about to release my public trailer for my doc along with some clips from the doc while its still in post, and was thinking about monetizing the clips (not the trailer).

Anybody have experience with that or moderate success?

Just wondering if anyone in the community was doing this.

It's pretty easy and fairly streamlined. You'll receive a message on YouTube asking if you'd like to be a "YouTube Partner". That will help you get set up.

For more, check out YouTube's comprehensive "Creator's Playbook".
 
Back
Top