another business idea

smithgallTV

Active member
I try to come up with something everyday. here is todays. Most cable comapanies seem to have a channel that you can buty air time and put your own show on. This is different from cable access that allows you to air your own show buty is usually free and will not allow commercials. i am working on a local golf show fthat will feature golf courses and we will charge for their spots and also sell commercials. My thought was this. Once i get the show done i will have an entertaining show. I live in florida so that same show would likely appeal to anyone in florida and perhaps people everywhere. What if i "franchised" the show. meaning that I sell you the show for $XX and then you have the ability to reair it and collect all the commercial time for yourself. The numbers woudl have to work for both you and I but nonethe less you now have a finished product and you can go to the local mamma mia's pizza palace and sell them on a $500 commercial and X amout of spots on the golf show. I had even thought that i could can the guts of it and you could have the opening. meaning that you could shot the host intro and then really customize the show to be YOUR show. that seems like a lot more work but if it was a sellable feature it might work. i say franchise rather than syndicate because the local producer would own the right to air the product and sell the avails. Again i am looking for gaping holes in this theory. Of course this doesnt have to be a golf show it just happens to be one i am working on.
 
I don't know how "local" people like to get when they watch TV anymore. I can't really think of much that I'd be interested in that focuses on my specific locality...so I'd be far outside your targeted market.

Then again, I don't even watch local news, so I might be the exception.
 
well, talking about golf, the easier way would seem to be to sell air time to national golf-type sponsors, and then give the show to other almost-local channels for free. They can sell additional time and air the show. You get increased revenue from more viewers, local channel gets free programming. Once you start talking about repurposing the footage, I think you make life very complex.
 
PM magazine. Ok i am ageing myself here but i remember from when i was a kid. However I only saw it in one market (central PA) is that what they did? Did they have doifferent hosts? Did it fail due to concept or did it just run its course? wasnt that Chef Tell? "i see you"
 
galt, other than free content to the locals what do they get out of the deal? Do you split the avails with them and if so what is the ratio? Goos point though. I like the idea of simply selling it without having to alter it. It sounds like it would be simpler.
 
Back
Top