Animations ending early in Livetype

Boyd

New member
So I'm using Livetype for the first time on several projects, and with each one I'm hitting the same problem. I've got my preferences set and according to the manual, everything ought to be in place. I create a title, apply an effect, and render it. For some reason, though, the effect in the Preview window always ends prematurely.

An example: I've got the words "Warrior Way" scrolling from right to left in big letters, ala Rocky. Regardless of how long I've set the text, or the effect, or the timing, the animation will always stop at the WA part or Way.

Another example: I'm helping a friend design titles for her short film. She likes the "blow away" effect. I apply the effect, render it, watch the preview. It ends with all the letters still on the screen, frozen.

I was under the impression that the Preview window showed your animation exactly as it's supposed to come out. Was I wrong here, or am I not doing something right?
 
Murphy's Law: You grapple with a problem for weeks and the instance you post it on a public forum it resolves itself. Oh well. Thanks anyway.
 
Okay! I've got a new problem and I figured it'd be better to post it here than start a new thread.

I'm still having trouble with scrolls and crawls. It doesn't matter which scroll/crawl effect I use, because the problem is always the same.

1) There's a long pause before the effect goes into action. I've fiddled around with pretty much every Timing-related variable I can; I've tried extending the effect, extending the time the text is onscreen, turned off the Delay function in the Inspector....nothing. Whenever I use a scroll or a crawl, there's always an approximately five second delay before the effect takes place.

2) An extention of problem 1: Because the effect begins late, it ends early. In my first post I complained about only being able to see WARRIOR WA crawl onscreen before the effect ended. This is still a problem, although I've found out it has nothing to do with Previews.

3) I'm designing rolling end credits for a friend's short film. I'm using three different text tracks--one reading "Cast", then below one column for roles and one for the actors' names. I figured if I made all the tracks visible for the same amount of time and applied the same effect for the same duration, they'd move in tandem. They didn't. The three tracks all move at different speeds and become a mess near the end. I checked the Timing tab, and the Speed levels are identical for all three tracks.

Does anyone know what the problem is?
 
Back
Top