Am I nuts for wanting to shoot sports with the AF-100?

I am quite in the same situation. Next year i will produce my second wakeboard DVD. The first movie b.t.w. i filmed with a hmc151, a hvx200 and a gh1. Now i am filming with th gh13 and a 5d, which gives me a perfect cineastic image but when it comes to action scenes where the rider starts far away, comes pretty close, does his trick and moves away, also with lots of practice i didn´t have a change to get everythink in focus, even with a small apeture ( not to mention sports at low light). And the autofocus of the gh1 and the 14-140mm lens are to slow to trust in the autofocus of the gh1.
I don´t know if the autofocus of the af-100 will be faster with the same lens?
the red scarlet would be ideal for it but the release probably will be too late, and a varicam is a way to expsensive and to heavy ( 12-15 T$ would be ok) - so i am thinking of trying to work with an af-100 or with a "perhaps" more reliable solution: a ex3 for the sports scenes mixed with footage of 5D,Gh13...

Of course i would love to work with only one camera for all the stuff... - so I am not quite sure which way to go...
 
Back
Top