Again ! Canon 550D vs 35mm adapter

ndquan

Currently I have a Full HD camcorder 1080-60p and a DIY 35mm adapter.
I am not very pleased with my 35mm adapter because of the flipped image, which makes me not able to manually control the focus and the shooting.

Therefore, I am selling both of these with all the lens I have for camcorder . I want to purchase a Rebel T2i (Canon 550D).

Suddenly , some guys' sayings and a few testing video of 550D on Youtube make me very confused now.

First , please take a few second to look at this guy's video :

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

On seeing this video , I cried out "OMG , what the hell is this ?"

Yes, the video looks so stunning as if that guy shot it with a toy camcorder ~ 150 USD .

However, I am also confused with these issues about 550D :

- Someone says that it is not convenient to shoot video with 550D , it is a camera, not mainly functioned as a camcorder. I think the limit length of the clip is ok , because I can shoot many short clips then combine. What do you think of it ?

- I am not sure about the smoothness of video shot by 550D .

In advance, thank you very much for your information.

Last edited:
lmao, the guy shooting this is a goon. I found his commentary to be more interesting than the video it's self.

ndquan.....do yourself a favor and perform a search on this website. You'll find all the answers you are looking for. Also...go to Vimeo.com and search for 550D or 7D or T2i (all have the same looking video) and watch all of the great looking images these camera make. There is just so much info out there to swim in for a long time to help you make up your mind.

By the way…I can take a $100,000 camera and make my video look just as bad as what you linked us to. But that would still tell us nothing about the camera’s true capabilities.

Back