OTHER: Adobe Story

Found it limiting and not very useful, but that's simply based on how I use the software. I use Final Draft myself and before that, Celtx.
 
any benefit over Celtx? I use that right now but don't want to take a step backwards with Story. thanks for the input so far :)
 
TBH I much prefer Celtx to Final Draft. I used to use FD and switched. Final Draft has many more reports and such that celtx doesn't do, but for me at least all that did was distract me. I get more done, and get it done faster with celtx, than I ever did with FD.
 
I felt the same for a while, but the later version of Celtx have gone downhill. As soon as you switch into revision mode Celtx became unusable to me. It doesn't handle revision tracking well, and the formatting starts wigging out when you work on a script.
 
I feel Story is geared more towards on location shoots, and I think it works great! You can write out the scenes youre going to be filming that day, and when you capture, you record to that scene file and it names it and fills in the description..ect. for you. One very cool part is if you shoot a long scene with alot of dialogue but only want to use the middle of a sentence, you can open up the dialogue and click on the word you want the shot to start at... Though I havnt used any other story/script writing software.
 
Went to the site, absolutely nothing there about what the hell the features are for the software, no overview, left in the dark, I left. What genius at Adobe thought up that web page?

EDIT: Found Adobe Story on wikipedia, has some actual useful info in contrast to Adobe's site for the product. If it could export to Movie Magic Screenwriter (my current software of choice) I might consider looking into Adobe Story further, but so far it does not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Story

From Adobe Story's help page on exporting:
You can export an Adobe Story script to the following formats:

  • Adobe Story Script (.astx)
  • Adobe PDF
  • Final Draft® 8 (FDX)
  • Plain text
  • Movie Magic® Scheduling
  • CSV
 
Last edited:
Back
Top