Academy Awards Best Picture - Know These New Rules Before You Start Production

Ok, since it seems there is no more moderation of this forum, how about we just stop the discussion and get back to the original topic? I think everyone has done a nice job of voicing views that we are all familiar with and as usual, no one has convinced anyone of anything. Maybe one last shout out from everyone to close their thoughts on it.

Ok, since it seems there is no more moderation of this forum, how about we just stop the discussion and get back to the original topic?

Paul yes but please note, there has not been a post about your topic in over a month, 9 pages ago. If you'd rather scroll empty topics with no conversations, welcome to the machine. Just about always here at DVXUser, things settle without moderators or reminders such as yours. That would be the final shout out from me. Hit the lights.

Paul yes but please note, there has not been a post about your topic in over a month, 9 pages ago. If you'd rather scroll empty topics with no conversations, welcome to the machine. ....

Yes, that is on point. I am guilty as anyone to drift off topic (maybe more so) and that's no issue with me, but it seems we beat this one to death. Maybe I'm just being a butt-head for even bringing it up. I think the political ones get a bit tiresome. Maybe that's just me. For some of us (everyone presently on this thread), I think there is the irresistability to try to get a point across, while others on the forum rolls their eyes, ignore us, move on, or have better things to do.

Yes Doug, healthy, law abiding people don't shoot themselves or others.

Thank you for agreeing with me and making my point!

There is the same level of mental health crisis everywhere. It is just that here in the US we have so many guns, it quickly turns into a leather outcome.

If the US is having it any worse it will be down to poor access to public and mental health services.

It is a BS phrase you are repeating because it is useded by the pro gun lobby as part of the whole guns do not kill people mantra.

Show me the evidence of a US mental health crisis and here is a hint… gun violence is not evidence.

It is in the US where guns are so easily accessible that people having a mental health moment, can do something about ending their lives or taking others.

Guns ARE the reason. Having guns everywhere, easily obtained. Not mental health.

In Australia, in the seven years after they changed their gun laws and did a nation wide mandatory gun buyback to try and take as many guns out of circulation as possible, the suicide rate in men halved.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/wp-cont...pring_2011.pdf

Many of the places that are not the US just have sensible firearm regulation. It is not that guns are banned. It is just sensible regulation backed by enforcement.

I am all for sensible regulation of firearms.

The number one cause of child mortality in the US is guns. How on earth is that a MENTAL HELATH CRISIS? The US is the only country where it’s number 1.

It is number 13 in Germany, number 9 in Sweden, number 13 in the Netherlands. All places that have a similar pro gun culture, but also have sensible gun control. Most other countries have automotive accidents and cancer as the leading causes of child and teen mortality.

Last edited:
Ok, since it seems there is no more moderation of this forum, how about we just stop the discussion and get back to the original topic? I think everyone has done a nice job of voicing views that we are all familiar with and as usual, no one has convinced anyone of anything. Maybe one last shout out from everyone to close their thoughts on it.

Kind of nice that no one swooped in like an overbearing parent and waggled their finger that this is getting too close to politics, huh...? And I'm proud of everyone. It (so far) hasn't devolved into a pissing and screaming match, despite differing takes on the subject matter.

Honestly, there isn't a lot going on on this forum like there used to be. There isn't much of anything to moderate. I actually ran into Alex several weeks ago on a shoot, and he said even he hasn't been on here in a while. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be a lot of us regulars and "old timers" left. I know two members are back that have been gone for a while, but they're not posting much, that I see, either.

I don't take the mental health mantra seriously because its supporters never seem to propose or execute remedies. I think it's a smokescreen thrown up by folks who want to maintain the status quo. It also seems like the only issue where the right wing reaches for a psychological/sociological explanation. Yet they embrace strictly punitive measures for economic motivation and crime prevention. No support for strengthening the social safety net and reducing stress in our society.

Also, why would you want to arm a bunch of mentally ill people?

In other news, Biden wants to send cluster bombs to Ukraine. If that doesn't upset you, it should.

Isn't it funny how "pro business" the Republican party is/seems, until it's a business they don't like.

Not funny refreshing! They are willing to protect their kids over profit! Disney is dying for just the opposite approach and that’s what’s refreshing!

Not funny refreshing! They are willing to protect their kids over profit! Disney is dying for just the opposite approach and that’s what’s refreshing!

Control their kids over profit, you mean? And isn't the argument people are making that Disney is sacrificing profit to push this agenda?

Back