visions-online
Member
One of the things I was battling with when trying to choose a monitor was the Sunlight viewablity. The OLED specs have a super low Brightness (NITs rating) - I think it was 200/250? And daylight viewable monitors are typically in the +/-1000 Nits range. Previously, I had tried some screen protectors for my iPhone that increased view-ability in direct sunlight. Well I combined one of those with the smallHD AC7 OLED and I can't believe how good it looks in full sunlight - I took a photo at 1:15 PM with the sun directly overhead/behind me and the monitor unshaded. My on-camera monitor is almost not viewable. I think this would totally work on my blackbird stabilizer or on a steadicam rig also.
Anyway, I thought I would share this photo (un-retouched) of the monitor in full sunlight with the film.

The screen film is called "NuShield DayVue™ Antireflective Screen Protector Film". I ordered 2 different sizes. The one I really wanted to use had holes for the iPad mini. I am going to see if I can get it without the holes. I also put this one on crooked, which is going to drive me crazy, but it went on with no bubbles or dust specs so I will leave it for now.
Anyway, I thought I would share this photo (un-retouched) of the monitor in full sunlight with the film.

The screen film is called "NuShield DayVue™ Antireflective Screen Protector Film". I ordered 2 different sizes. The one I really wanted to use had holes for the iPad mini. I am going to see if I can get it without the holes. I also put this one on crooked, which is going to drive me crazy, but it went on with no bubbles or dust specs so I will leave it for now.