A7s FF vs APS-C - Anyone test it yet?

Hmm, this doesn't explain the tighter 32mm framing in crop mode compared to 50mm in FF.
Could be lens focal lengths being approximate though.
Yes, manufacturers always give you an approximate number (here), plus lens marks on photography lenses are never accurate (a lens that breathes makes anything else impractical).
 
Last edited:
Hmm, this doesn't explain the tighter 32mm framing in crop mode compared to 50mm in FF.
Could be lens focal lengths being approximate though.

I would say that's the case. When I set my 28-70 to 50mm and then just under 35 in APS-c the FOV is really close. If the exif reads 32mm its a hair wider, if it reads 34mm its just slightly narrower, I can't get it to show 33mm and who knows how accurate the cheap kit lens markings. I don't have any other way to measure. If you do the math in stills resolution, FF is 4240px wide, APS-c is 2768px multiplied by a 1.532 crop is 4240.5px. So its a little more than 1.5.
 
Back
Top