A Toaster in Space

RyanT and Cryogenic,

Thanks a lot! We are in preproduction now and hope to be shooting it this winter. It will be our first official "union" shoot, so I am excited to see how it goes.

Chris
 
:thumbsup: I really enjoyed your script. I was wondering since it's going into production if you're going to develop Sarah's character further i.e. who was she working for and to what end? Anyway, good job and congrads !:thumbup:
 
safarijoe said:
I was wondering since it's going into production if you're going to develop Sarah's character further i.e. who was she working for and to what end?
Great question.

I don't think it really matters who she is working for; the government, some evil corporation, or whatever, what matters is that she hurt/betrayed Thomas.

If this were a feature length story I think you would have to answer those questions, but as it stands now, I think it is simply a MacGuffin (ala Hitchcock).

At least I hope it works out that way, :)

Chris
 
It's been a while, but I have a pretty cool update.

"A Toaster in Space" is definitely a "go" picture. We completed all of our financing, signed our contract with SAG, and Norm Li is going to be our Director of Photography.

We are shooting this April and I am very excited!

Chris
 
Nice job. I would as suggested get rid of CUT TO: from your script. They do
two things; show that you are an amateur screenwriter and it really takes up
a lot of space. I have a suggestion which was given me by a screenwriter
who's had over 17 scripts produced for cable:

When writing a scene, drag that scene all the way to the end of the page so that
your master sluglines don't appear 3/4 of the way down. This way, if you need
to cut a scene, you can cut out an entire page. It's a neat little trick.

Charli
 
CMessineo said:
signed our contract with SAG

...please elaborate on this, the terms and what not for getting sag actors.

(I'd like to look into doing the same once I finish my script
*shaking fist* "DAMN YOU writers block")

Congrats on the developments. I really enjoyed your script and
I cant wait to see the finished product!!

Good luck with the shoot!

Best,
Nick Milo
 
Last edited:
NickMilo said:
...please elaborate on this, the terms and what not for getting sag actors.

It's pretty easy, although there is a surprising amount of paperwork.

Basically, go to SAGIndie.org and download the correct contracts, there are a few to choose from (based on length and budget).

Call SAGIndie and they will assign you a representative who will then send you all the required paperwork.

Be aware it can take 1 to 2 months for everything to process.

After that you are good to go and can now hire SAG Actors.

Chris
 
I don't mean to "double post", but for those of you who read the script I thought you might want to see a picture of the actress who will be playing "Sarah" (we just cast the part this week-end).

clare.jpg


I'm curious if she is what you imagined when you read it.

Chris
 
SilverWolf said:
Chris if you need some help on the shoot let me know. I'm always game.

I have a 15 person dedicated crew already.

I could probably use one more gaffer to help with the lights, but the shoot is 5 days, April 8 - 12. I would love to have you, but I imagine coming up from Maryland 5 days in a row would be a bit rough. :)

I wish I had more money and could put people up in a hotel (that would be cool). Maybe on my next shoot.

Thanks for the offer though.

Chris
 
She looks perfect.
I'm glad you didn't just opt for some hot teenage girl.

I can just picture her in the supermarket talking to the mother character. She looks approachable and very believable (perfect for Sarah). The type of girl you could easily fall for and when you least expect it, she can stab you in the back.

Great choice! Good luck on the rest of the casting...
 
Great script, really funny. I enjoyed it a lot. There is one little detail I would criticize: There is al lot of LITERARY sparkling and double sense in the dialogue and in the action - which is GREAT but I am missing the moment when they really - supposedly - slip in a romance. For my taste it´s going a bit too fast and kind of autopiloted.
 
Chris,

I'd like to volunteer to be the personal attendant for that actress. you don't have to pay me. in fact I'll pay you.
 
Back
Top