angelinthesky
New member
Hi everyone,
I was about to buy a dvx100a to shoot ethnographic documentaries but realized, reading the entries in this forum, that it may not be the best option in low-light situations. I'll be shooting in developing countries where the natural light outside is Tropical and people's houses can be very dark even during the day. I'll be doing all by myself and do not want to worry about carrying and setting up a light kit (the most I can do is film, interview, and handle an external mic at the same time), also, I'll hardly use a tripod and was thinking that probably a camera with a shoulder pad may be easier to handle when running after people. I'm trained as an anthropologist and have little experience on filming, so any tips on cameras would be very welcomed. Thanks!
I was about to buy a dvx100a to shoot ethnographic documentaries but realized, reading the entries in this forum, that it may not be the best option in low-light situations. I'll be shooting in developing countries where the natural light outside is Tropical and people's houses can be very dark even during the day. I'll be doing all by myself and do not want to worry about carrying and setting up a light kit (the most I can do is film, interview, and handle an external mic at the same time), also, I'll hardly use a tripod and was thinking that probably a camera with a shoulder pad may be easier to handle when running after people. I'm trained as an anthropologist and have little experience on filming, so any tips on cameras would be very welcomed. Thanks!