5D Tokina 17mm prime first shot.

kprince

Well-known member
Damn, Maui's like a freekin wind tunnel today, anyhow got this just before the sun set. She's a wide lens, can't wait to do some more tests. Makes me want to redo some panny's. Never satisfied.
Asked these two women if they mind beind in the shot, they could care less, whales were jumping, sun was setting, I was annoying. It was cool.

TestTokina.jpg
 
I'm really surprised at how clean that shot is. Any cropping here? For a 17mm I can't believe how square the steps are from end to end... and the horizon line is pretty much flat and level also.

I'm assuming you are very happy with this lens?
 
I know this is getting a little repetetive, but your pics are amazing kprince. I love the colours and subjects.

Keep up the great work and don't "fall/die" on any of your outings so we can enjoy more beautiful images ;)

I just picked up my Nikkor 20mm AF D (ebay plug as well) so I'm excited to take it out on the town today and see what it can do on my d50.
 
Dyan said:
Keep up the great work and don't "fall/die" on any of your outings so we can enjoy more beautiful images ;)

I just picked up my Nikkor 20mm AF D (ebay plug as well) so I'm excited to take it out on the town today and see what it can do on my d50.

I'll try not to die, but I'm not making any promises.
Would love to see how the 20mm performs. Good stuff.

Mattin, no cropping here but there is slight barrel distortion pretty minor and easily corrected in post. Pretty happy with it. Going out today to do some more extensive testing while the tripods in the shop. Then and only then will I travel to far away places (other side of the island) and grace the CMOS sensor with impressions of the VENUS POOL. It's coming....
 
Back
Top