5D Photo sent to "Trash"

kai said:
Man i'd love to hear more about your techniques. Specifically the exposure/color issues. Do you dodge/burn alot, etc? Is there perhaps a before/after shot you could post showing how effective your techniques are? Great work!

I am in complete agreement. KPrince, your photos are outstanding and your CC and photoshop skills are top notch. I would love to sit in on a thread or two, if you'd be willing to share some tricks o' the trade...
 
rlm7189 said:
I am in complete agreement. KPrince, your photos are outstanding and your CC and photoshop skills are top notch. I would love to sit in on a thread or two, if you'd be willing to share some tricks o' the trade...

I'll also chime in and say I'd love to learn your basic techniques, and workflows. I'm sure each photo is different on the way you do it, but the two or three photos I have seen of yours have been so vivid and crisp, so maybe you could explain how you push the color curves without overdoing it. You've got a great eye man. Great work!! :)
 
Maybe it was because he put the shadow facing towards the light source.

...we have no tolerance for foul-ups here. :grin:

(I'm guessing it was someone who was banned before, and tried to come back. There's been quite a few lately, so I cannot comment on who it may have been.)
 
TC said:
(I'm guessing it was someone who was banned before, and tried to come back. There's been quite a few lately, so I cannot comment on who it may have been.)
Oh come on...you can tell us...we won't tell anyone! I promise!






Quick! Everyone! TC is gonna squeal and tell who was banned....just remember, it's a secret, so don't tell anyone! :evil:
 
kprince,

Any update on the photoshop techniques/sample workflows you use? :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

I just got back from London and when I saw where this thread was going, I started drooling in anticipation. I too second the before/after shots if its possible, as I'm sure there are dramatic differences.

Again, keep up the amazing work and thanks for the tip on the Scott Kelby book, its opening my eyes to the world of photoshop. :thumbup:
 
Sorry, been really busy juggling 10 different things at once. I am building my website at the moment so I really haven't even been able to take any photo's for about a week. I'm like a heroin addict I swear. I'm starting to get trigger finger, I NEED TO SHOOT SOMETHING.
I will post info on my techniques soon. I can tell you that book is about 80% of what I do.
YOU MUST BE PRETTY FLUENT WITH PHOTOSHOP.
I think the other 20% is keeping your standards as high as possible and NEVER being satisfied, always want to make it better then act on that feeling.
EDIT EDIT EDIT !! Ansel Adams (World Famos Landscape Photographer) said "If you have 12 good shots a year, your doing good" I translate that into 12 AMAZING shots a year.
Honestly out of all the photo's I've posted on this forum there are only three that I really like, where I think "I'd put that on my wall".

One bad habit I've noticed a lot of digital shooters have is shooting the same scene or subject from 100 different angles within a 20ft radius. FORGET IT if this isn't one of the fastest ways to muddle your talent, I don't know what is. Take a moment to feel the scene/subject before JUMPING to fire off the shutter like a world class fashion photographer. Trust me if you find the CALM within yourself, the perfect angle will reveal itself.

FOR LANDSCAPES: If your shooting in your town/city go back to the location 6 times with one angle in mind. Clouds and light are in constant flux. The shot might be really good today, but breathtaking and award winning tomorrow.

If your scene isn't amazing, make it amazing. eg: The shot entitled "Lush" My friend Nick and I spent 30 min grooming the scene of little sticks, weird angled branches and anything else that was pulling focus in the scene. Literally get in there and feel the shot out.
This is really the only way the Photoshop techniques will come to fruition. Cause once you start spending 10-15 hours in photoshop you be glad you are working on a shot you really love.

More later, I must be skidaddling.
 
kprince said:
FOR LANDSCAPES: If your shooting in your town/city go back to the location 6 times with one angle in mind. Clouds and light are in constant flux. The shot might be really good today, but breathtaking and award winning tomorrow.

This is so true, having done a HD project for our local tourism board, I went to the same locations 4-5 times and it made the difference in the shots...client loved it!!!

waiting for the magic light....
 
Awsome pic. I wish I had an eye like that.

Any insights on the PS workflow would rock monkey arse.

Do you think you might not like it bacuase the main colors are are Complimentary colors and they dont seem like they would flow into one another? Maybe that seperates the piece?

Luis Caffesse said:
Just having some fun - this is pretty rough obviously- just wanted to see if I could get rid of the other kids.
Damn that cloning tool is finicky. I need to get a handle on this stuff one of these days.


I have found that using the healing brush after cloning can be one hell of a combo. Use the clone tool and slam stuff into place, and then use the healing brush to make it look like it belongs there.
 
Last edited:
I don't know, i'm not a big fan of this pic to be honest, it's too "photoshopped" at this point i think. But i guess i'm old fashioned, i still don't like digital photography. But other than the photoshop stuff, i like it.
 
Kprince,

Love your work! Been reading through this thread and I can't wait for more insight on how you photoshop!
 
Back
Top