5D MK II Pre-order

Looks like I will be taking the glorious plunge of pre-ordering a 5D II. Should I be expecting that ordering from certain retailers will get me the camera sooner than other stores or are they all created equal when it comes to preorders?

The camera is said to be released late november. If I order now, will I be getting it late November or is this late preorder going to have me waiting a few weeks?

Also, does anyone know of anyplace that offers payment plans. I'd like to build my credit a little on this purchase.
 
I don't have time to multiquote...

From my understanding most large retailers have their initial shipment already spoken for, so I would check with some smaller authorized retailers. I spoke with Wolf Camera online and after 30 minutes of back and forth they said that if I order today I could expect delivery by end of Feb.

B&H offers the Bill Me Later which breaks the purchase into payments but it is credit based and remember, with the current economic situation, the credit approval process is a lot tougher.

Ultimately, check with as many places as you can because the large places seem to have most initial shipments spoken for.

Sorry, I couldn't be more specific.
 
I'm so freakin excited. I ended up finding a local place where I could pay for my pre-oder in full which bumps me to #8 on their list to get the camera. They guessed it should arrive in the next couple of weeks or at least thats what they told me to get me to place the preorder.
 
Finally decided on a camera huh? :) I would try B&H or Cameta Camera. I think they both have payment plans. I bought my Pentax from Cameta Camera.
 
The reason for wanting a payment plan was to even better my credit since I plan on buying my first house in the next year (right now I'm more excited about the 5D though..its disturbing I know)

I don't know about Cameta but B&H has a pay nothing for 90 days which doesn't do anything for your credit (you need 6 months of repayment I believe) I actually recently learnt that B&H does have 6 months for purchases over $750 but its irrelevent now since I want the camera fast and it will take a while for B&H to fulfill its orders (maybe in more so if you don't pay in full)
 
I ordered mine almost a couple of months ago and paid for at Calumet. Sometimes I prefer the "second" batch anyhow. I bought it as a backup to my 1DSMKII and Jenoptik Eyelike studio cameras but I must admit I am getting excited about this puppy.
 
Got mine from Calummet/Boston, Battery Drain?

Got mine from Calummet/Boston, Battery Drain?

Darn..too busy this week to even crack open the box. Maybe this weekend if the gal will leave me be...hahahaha

I have been reading some reports of a full battery draining overnight down to 6%, when left in the camera. (that is shut off) Are any of you experiencing this?
 
That whole battery recharge capaticty/ability is going to annoy me to be honest. Just another thing to worry about. "Oh no I need a new battery, it only says I have 75% recharge capability!"
 
Back
Top