35mm adapters

windedsailor

Active member
I have a question, I'm looking to by one of the cheap 35 mm adapters, and I have some questions... first which ones do you guys like? the letus35 is my kind of price range.... is there anything I should know, do I need to by 35mm lenses to use with it, or can i use it on my own? if i do need to buy it what do you guys use, and what'll it cost me?

i apprechiate the help,
from a curious film student
 
I'm curious too, anyone have any good answers?

I can state what I know:

Yes - You need to buy a seperate SLR 35 mm lense too
Yes - the letus35 (flip enhanced) works with the HVX, at 700$ :(

I can ask what I don't:

- Still, where do I buy these SLR lenses? Just saying ebay don't help me much, I still dont know what I'm looking for.
- What kind of specs should the 35 mm lenses be?
- What kinds of specs should the 35 mm NOT be?
- What's a reasonable price on a 35 mm lense?
- How cheap could I get a lense with satisfying specs?
 
Try Adorama.com in New York City for used lenses. Nikon, Canon, whatever. Nikon 50mm can go from about $60.00 and up. They have the largest selection of used lenses in New York.
 
proximity said:
I'm curious too, anyone have any good answers?

I can ask what I don't:

- Still, where do I buy these SLR lenses? Just saying ebay don't help me much, I still dont know what I'm looking for.
- What kind of specs should the 35 mm lenses be?
- What kinds of specs should the 35 mm NOT be?
- What's a reasonable price on a 35 mm lense?
- How cheap could I get a lense with satisfying specs?

But Ebay is a good source unless you want to pay more for brand new.

You could start off with a 50mm and the faster the better because there is light loss with the adapter, so you want at least a 1.8 with the 1.4 being best. As for what brand I know that you are safe with something like a Canon FD.

Understand that you need a manual focus not AF (auto focus) no matter what brand you go with and you need to be sure of the mount in the 35 adapter you buy.

You should be able to pick up a used Canon FD 1.4 for $70 in excellent condition.

You can get a Canon FD 1.8 for probably around $30 or less depending on condition......but why go cheap on one of the most important parts of your adapter?

Hope this helps.

Marlene
 
Personally, my favorite place to buy used camera equipment, http://www.keh.com

They are very fair, accurate and alot of times, even cheaper than ebay. They also give good prices on buying your old used equipment.
 
As a rule of thumb, when buying an SLR-lens for a 35mm adapter, you would want the fastest lens (lowest f-number) available.

A reasonable price is whatever you want to pay, but remember, the cheaper the lens, the lower the quality.
 
scharky said:
Personally, my favorite place to buy used camera equipment, http://www.keh.com

They are very fair, accurate and alot of times, even cheaper than ebay. They also give good prices on buying your old used equipment.


oh man theyve got a 14mm F4 Super wide...... That sounds nice.....
 
Back
Top