24pa with Magic Bullet -> Premiere 6.5

JMcD

New member
Hi I'm sure this has been posted before, but I can't find the exact answer:

I have a dvx100a and I am making a short which I will primarily distribute on DVD and possibly transfer to film.

Since premiere 6.5 won't allow me to edit in true 24p, can I film in 24pa, capture my video through the Magic Bullet software that was bundled with the camera and then edit with Premiere?

What is the best format to capture my video in? What are the pros/cons of "dv playback" and quicktime?

Thanks in advance.....John.
 
I didn't get the Magic Bullet software with my DVX100s (they didn't have the same offer/extras in Canada) so I'm only going on what I know about Magic Bullet, which is a series of filters/effects for Premiere. It won't allow you to actually edit the software. While you can't edit 24p footage as 24p footage in Premiere 6.5 (the pulldown treats it as 60i) you won't notice much of a difference. I spent the past 18-months editing my 24p footage as 60i footage in Premiere 6.5.

As far as 24p vsx 24pA, I've shot both and don't see any difference when going out to DVD or tape. The best thing is to try out your options and determine what works best for you.

Justin
www.beyondtimemedia.com
 
Back
Top