Its 24P. I imported the file into premiere Pro and the file has a 23.98 frame rate.
P.S. That fanfilm looks awesome!! the only reason I wanted to start making films was because I saw KnightQuest, Broken Allegiance and of course the Formula. How did you find it? I know it's not on TFN.
[quote author=Mark Grgurev link=board=news;num=1080954580;start=0#4 date=04/05/04 at 16:06:34]Its 24P. I imported the file into premiere Pro and the file has a 23.98 frame rate.
Hey guys, was this ( http://www.contractofevil.com/playteaser.htm ) filmed with an anamorphic lens attached and letterboxed? It looks great!! I would love to know how you filmed this.
There is some serious interlacing yes. you guys really think this is that good? I mean the costuming and sabre effect are top notch but the rest is ho hum.
Here's the explanation for the interlacing(From the fanfilms forum)
This film was shot on the AG-DVX100 in 24p mode (regular 3:2 pulldown). This is the first FX-involved film on which this team has worked, and unfortunately I believe the first on which they used a 24p video camera.
As a result, they had essentially no concept of the ideas of pulldown or fields, and so when they cut the film together they did what many digital filmmakers out there do more and more: they "digitally directed," retiming shots, speeding up or slowing down the motion to get the timing just so. They did this without removing the 3:2 pulldown, so resultantly the fields on the footage on those remapped portions were botched and impossible to remove, and that edited footage is what I initially had to work with.
After delivering an emphatic lecture on the nature of video and 24p, I sent them back to the source tapes (they wiped their hard drive) and will be receiving the actual clean footage soon, and retiming it myself after the FX are applied. The interlace artifacts should be eliminated.
Some of the shots lack contrast, and that is my fault...sorta. Some of the shots could have been exposed better on-set, and they wanted it really clear in the trailer what we were looking at. So I pushed the curves further than I really liked, but it got the detail (like Maul's face) that y'all needed to see in the teaser.