24frame: The final Lowdown:

ondawan

Active member
Hey folks,
Could people who have tried and tested 24frame shooting confirm it looks and feels better? and worth the post complications?
Cheers
8)
 
Re: 24frame: The final Lowdown:

"Could people who have tried and tested 24frame shooting confirm it looks and feels better? and worth the post complications?"

I love the way 24fps looks and feels. The question is do YOU...
Does it make your footage look more professional? Yes, if you're a skilled videographer. No, if you're not. But someone shooting on 35mm who had no skill would create sub-par images, too (albeit ones in about 4K resolution...)

As far as the post complications go, I haven't had any. If you're shooting in 24pS, just treat the video from your DVX as regular old 60i standard video. You won't run into any problems, because it IS just regular old 60i standard video - but your footage will LOOK like 24fps (because the source was).
If you're shooting in 24pA, and are editing in a program that supports this feature, you also won't have any problems, because it'll automatically convert the footage to true 24P for editing. Once finished, you add a 3:2 pulldown to the whole project, or create a 24P DVD.

Personally, I feel that there a great benefits to shooting in 24 fps when making an independent film. I do it all the time since I got my baby, and love it!
 
Re: 24frame: The final Lowdown:

I have a friend who has used the SONY for years (literally). After using my camera, he is going to get the DVX.
 
Re: 24frame: The final Lowdown:

"I'll b using fcp4 with it...."

If you're using fcp4 (though I haven't used it myself) you would shoot in 24Pa, and edit in 24 frames per second (well, really about 23.98fps).  When you're finished you can make your 24P DVD or add a regular 3:2 pulldown to the entire project and export it to DV, VHS, or any other 60i format.  It'll look great!
 
Back
Top