1DXMK2 4K —> Premier workflow Need Help!

Regnis

Active member
I've recently bought the 1DX2
I am working with a spec'd out 2016 MBP and running all files of a lacie SSD thunderbolt 2 drive
Can I ask you how you get smooth playback from your 1DX2 4K files in premier? Even when I convert to ProRes and reduce the playback res to 1/4 I still get lag.*
Do you:
- create proxies every time?
- go into FCPX and transcode to prores? (I did this and the files were still the same size, isn't prores meant to reduce the file sizes?)*
 
Can I ask you how you get smooth playback from your 1DX2 4K files in premier? Even when I convert to ProRes and reduce the playback res to 1/4 I still get lag.

That doesn't sound right. I get normal playback even in 'better quality' (meaning actual 4k resolution) mode on the same MacBook Pro in FCPX.

Is everything else working as expected?
 
Andree - yeah Premier really struggles with MJPEG files. My issue is with the 4K at 25fps and 50fps (Australia - PAL)

NorBron - yeah proxies seem to be doing the trick. Just an unfortunate extra step in the workflow as a lot of my work is for quick delivery. Loving this camera though!
 
Back
Top