16mm Adapter ?

Invito

Member
I was wondering if anyone has explored the idea of making a 16mm adapter to use some nice, and relatively inexpensive, 16mm lenses instead of 35mm still photo lenses with a digital video camera?

Any thoughts on why this would or wouldn't be a good idea?

If you know of a link to any threads here, or on another site that discusses this, please point me to them.

Thanks.
 
That would make the image on the GG smaller. You would have to zoom in further, and the grain would be more noticable because every grain would appear to be larger. A larger image on the GG will result in higher "grain resolution". Correct me if I'm wrong. Agree if I'm right.
 
a 16mm lens will cover an area just slightly larger than 16mm. The camera will not be able to focus and fill the frame. The grain would not be acceptable.
 
Back
Top